- Waiting by Ha Jin
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss
- The Horse and His Boy (book 3 of the Narnia Chronicles)
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (book 4)
- Slander: Liberal Lies About The American Right by Ann Coulter
As for the Ann Coulter book... I was surprised to see it in Mom's collection. And when I confronted her about it, she was just as surprised. She swears she didn't buy it, and I believe her. I bet one of our conservative relatives gave it to her. I've decided to read it for myself. Might be nice to do a scathing review.
If anyone has any science fiction recommendations, I'm more than willing to listen. I'll be raiding the library for Philip K. Dick, Ray Bradbury, and the last two books of the Dark Tower series. But beyond that, I could use some suggestions.