Tuesday, October 13, 2009

...well, here goes nothin'

Alright. I gave in and got one of these blog thingymabobs. Not because I have anything terribly interesting or profound to say... wait, where are you going? Come back, I have cookies!*

No, I've finally given in and started a blog so I can participate in the second annual Cannonball Read. For those of you asking, "Wasn't that a terrible movie starring Burt Reynolds?," first of all, NO, that was The Cannonball Run and it was hi-larious**, and secondly, it's a competition to read 52 books in a year - and review them all on here. See linky for details.

So, that's all for now. Look for book reviews, wedding updates, ramblings, random stories about Rilo Kitty, and much, much more to come in the future!

*I have burnt chocolate chip cookies. Still edible.

* *Or so I've heard. I've never actually seen it. But I enjoy the fact that it's called "THE" Cannonball Run, like how people call Ohio State "THE" Ohio State University. Terrell Pryor still sucks, no matter how many articles you add to the school's name.

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm doing it this year too. I just don't know what to read yet.
    --MyySharona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I'm in for the Read and glad that you are as well because now you have a blog and I can stalk... I mean FOLLOW your blog, of course.
    Looking forward to the reviews and, for the record, Rilo Kitty might be one of the all time great names for a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! I started a whole separate new blog just for the occasion (unveiling: Soon!) and I have about 20 books on my list so far. Certainly enough to get me started. I'm so excited! I'M SO EXCITED! Like Jessie Spano on diet pills. That's how excited.

    ReplyDelete